I am beyond enthusiastic to welcome Rachel Harris to my blog today for the blog tour for her second published book Taste the Heat. This blog tour is organized by Kelly Simmon of InkSlingerPR.
And with that, welcome Rachel Harris!
Falling in love is a magical thing. It’s kind of like Peter Pan—all you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust…or in the case of Jason and Colby from Taste the Heat, faith, trust, and Cajun food.
I loved every minute I spent with these two characters, watching them work for their happy ending. (Since this is a romance, I hope I didn’t spoil the ending for you! Yes, this will leave you with a happy sigh ha!). I developed a huge crush on Jason Landry as I wrote their story, but I think Colby’s character was my favorite to write maybe ever. She made me laugh out loud so many times! Her story also pulled at my heart. I hope you relate to Colby Robicheaux as much as I do. Recently, I sat down with my man (well, I guess he’s her main man), Jason Landry, and asked him what he thought future readers should know about Colby. His list was quite extensive. Luckily, I got him to narrow it down to the top five highlights…and here they are:
Top Five Things Jason Thinks YOU Should Know About Colby
1. The woman can seriously cook. Beignets, Jambalaya, Shrimp Creole, or Pasta, if you name it, the woman kills it. Best get a membership at Jason’s gym, Northshore Combatives, because you’ll need it if you hang around this woman’s kitchen too long.
2. Her fashion sense has much improved. Having bared witness to Colby’s teenage obsession with the movie Clueless and her gruesome flannel stage in the 90s, Jason’s happy to say the woman’s wardrobe has come a long way. But then, he thinks she looks hot in anything.
3. She wants you to think she’s tough, but… As best friend to Colby’s older brother, Jason remembers the starry-eyed girl she once was. Underneath that ‘given up on love’ exterior is a woman who believes in it and wants it.
4. She knows what a loofah is used for. As a man, and the widowed father of a preteen girl, Jason can’t stress the importance of this enough. PMS, bras, makeup, shaving legs? That’s over his head and a total other language. He’s trying, but having Colby around, a woman his daughter adores, to explain it all makes it so much easier.
5. She makes him laugh. Being the captain of the fire department, running his own gym, teaching classes, and being a single dad on top of it all doesn’t leave a lot of time for women or for laughing…and that’s a damn shame. But with Colby back in his life, Jason’s eager to make time for both.
About Taste the Heat:
Rachel Harris grew up in New Orleans, where she watched soap operas with her grandmother and stayed up late sneak reading her mama’s favorite romance novels. Now a Cajun cowgirl living in Houston, she still stays up way too late reading her favorite romances, only now, she can do so openly. She firmly believes life’s problems can be solved with a hot, powdered-sugar-coated beignet or a thick slice of king cake, and that screaming at strangers for cheap, plastic beads is acceptable behavior in certain situations.
When not typing furiously or flipping pages in an enthralling romance, she homeschools her two beautiful girls and watches reality television with her amazing husband. Taste The Heat is her adult romance debut. She’s the author of MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY and A TALE OF TWO CENTURIES. She loves hearing from readers! Find her atwww.RachelHarrisWrites.com.
Thanks for reading!
Blog Tour Schedule (For a book that is a blend of awesome!):